Monday, July 30, 2007

behind the tiny chef (a very feeble attempt to write a decent review)

Ratatouille quite reawakened the sleeping artist in me. Not that I now long to become a culinary genius in the near future, but the sensibility of the film that celebrates good taste and aesthetic accomplishment (which can be a tad elitist) bring to the fore ideals that popular culture needs to imbibe more these days: a distaste for laziness and mediocrity, and a high regard for passion and the pursuit of excellence (yehesss, MAGIS.) I love the film no matter how icky the sight of the swarming rodents can get - as what the director said, "interspecies understanding may have its limits" - because it made me feel better about myself though i am not that of a genius as Remy, ha ha; at least, I know what I am really passionate of (or so I think). All in all, ratatouille is a remarkable film that offers a kind of moving, sophisticated pleasure from the astonishing characters to the dishes made with such ardor and inspiration. Pixar magic has worked yet again...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bruha! i cant post chatterbox message. haha. yup!

yes! yes! yes! lunch when? haha.
re gaile's yaya ~> her yaya since... grade 1? haha. celebrated her birthday here :p

-- aiks